Part-time Employment Opportunity
North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society
Strong Start Parent and Child Time Facilitator – Kaslo and Meadow Creek
As a Strong Start Parent and Child Time Facilitator, you will plan, deliver and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences to create a high-quality early learning and family-centered program for children aged 0-6 and their parents or caregivers.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Early Childhood Education (ECE) certificate, willingness to study for ECE certification, or relevant education in the Human Services field.
• Strong knowledge and awareness of age-appropriate programming and developmental needs of children
• Ability to work professionally, collaboratively and respectfully with children and their families as well as with school, community and agency personnel.
• Desire to provide family-centred services with a focus on emotional and resource supports for parents.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Current first aid and Food Safe certificate (training provided if needed)
• Beneficial to have a Driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
• Criminal Record Check will be required.
• During the pandemic, the style of program delivery can vary. This may include in-person groups, online delivery via Zoom, creating take-home craft kits, meal deliveries to families’ homes.
• Dependent on Public Health Orders at the time of employment, applicants must be willing to wear a mask if working in-person; and also be able to deliver programming via Zoom if needed.
Schedule: 4.5hours/week, with the potential of increased hours as mutually agreed upon.
Detailed job description on our website www.nklcss.org
This position is open until filled. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
NKLCSS is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA2S+ communities to apply.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!