With the goal of building and maintaining strategic partnerships for WWH in the areas of Corporate, Academic, Governmental, Churches, and Goods & Services, the Associate Director of Partnerships will work creatively with new and existing partners to inform them of Whole Way House’s needs regarding volunteers, funding, donations, and more. They will join the Leadership Team and work closely with the CEO, Manager of Operations and Program Manager and will develop the strategic annual plan for effective and creative partnerships. This position involves meeting with new and existing partners to develop strategic support plans unique to their specific area. This will involve coordinating with colleagues in WWH leadership to understand the needs of the organization and seek out partnerships that could meet those needs by creating volunteer campaigns or fundraising projects. This will also include maintaining relationships with Housing Provider partners. As the point of contact for this will entail performance evaluations, communications, and general liaising with the Housing Provider.
The Associate Director of Partnerships will manage WWH’s volunteer structure by overseeing recruiting, maintenance of volunteer relationships, building strategic volunteer programs and partnerships, identifying opportunities, and developing volunteer incentive and training programs. The Associate Director of Partnerships will keep detailed records and systems for partner, donor, and volunteer follow up and engagement. They will create an annual plan and strategy for events, campaigns and communication, utilising tools such as WWH’s social media platforms, newsletters, website, and letters. The Associate Director of Partnerships will attend and lead at Leadership Team Meetings, development sessions and other growth and educational opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements, knowledge and experience:
● University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field preferred
● Minimum 7 years experience at a Director or Senior Manager level
● Experience in community mental health, forensic mental health and crisis intervention
● Experience working with homeless individuals preferred
● Working knowledge of psycho-social rehabilitation and recovery principles
● Experience in direct services delivery to adults in poverty with mental illness and concurrent disorders and
● Able to effectively identify and solve problems and follow through on initiatives.
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Good written, reading and verbal communication skills.
● Good assessment skills
● Knowledge of landlord and tenant act, health care and community resources
● Knowledge of grant writing, local churches and ministries, businesses
● Agreement with Whole Way House’s Mission Statement.
● Able to maintain confidentiality, ethically, regarding sensitive matters regarding the organization and its clientele.
● Related experience working with community support programs and one on one counsel.
● Valid Class 5 driver’s licence preferred (not required).
● Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
● Ability to work independently; self-motivated and disciplined. Ability to work with a team, cooperative,
● Willing to complete relevant courses and workshops (provided by WWH or our partners) as assigned by the CEO.
● Adaptability / Flexibility - Adjust approach to meet needs of changing conditions, situations, and people to work
effectively in difficult or ambiguous situations.
● Collaboration and Network Building - Identify and create external and interdepartmental interdisciplinary
networks to support service delivery and achieve organizational objectives.
● Self-Care - Deliberately and continuously apply professional and personal self-care to sustain optimal productivity
and maintain physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health.
● Self-Management - Manage emotions and strong feelings while maintaining calm and tactful demeanour under a
broad range of challenging circumstances.
● Teamwork and Cooperation - Work collaboratively and productively across the organization to achieve common
goals, while demonstrating respect, cooperation, collaboration, and consensus building.
● Work Location - Work is generally performed indoors, with up to 30% of the time spent outdoors in all types of
● Physical Requirements - Duties require extended periods of standing and/or walking. Duties require occasional
periods of climbing, pulling/pushing items, lifting/carrying items, keyboarding, reaching with hands and arms,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Employees are required to look at a computer screen for up to 70% of
the time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally. The employee is required to see, talk and hear.
● Work Conditions - This position may be required, at times, to work in an environment often dealing with clients in
crisis brought about by diverse problems. The ability to function independently and frequently under pressure,
while managing multiple concurrent tasks including emergency situations is an ongoing expectation of this
● Hours of Work - This position typically works 5 day per week onsite for 6-8 hours per shift. Some work on
scheduled days off may be required. Moderate overtime may be required. Work on weekends and statutory
holidays may be required. Leadership is given the opportunity to have an adapted fortnight or flex schedule.
● Compensation: Competitive salary with extensive health benefits
● Hazards - Job requires some interaction with the public some of whom may be upset, abusive, and/or violent. Job
requires working with people in unhealthy conditions and may include exposure to bodily fluids, lice and bedbugs.
Employee may be required to hear about clients’ lives which may be troubling or upsetting, and may cause
emotional issues including vicarious trauma.
● Other - Due to the nature of the job, and our commitment to a safe environment, the candidate is subject to a
criminal record check and must submit a current Driver’s Abstract.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!