AGI is seeking professionals who are passionate about working with people living with dementia and their families to join our team!
AGI is seeking a dynamic self-starter to join our team as the Support Services Assistant through this recently created position. Reporting directly to and supporting the Director of Support Services, this role completes clerical and administrative tasks. The Support Services Assistant also organizes education and outreach activities that increase awareness about AGI and Alzheimer’s Disease, and other dementias.
About Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI)
Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI) is a Montreal-based charitable organization that offers therapeutic programs to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Additionally, AGI provides support services to families and professional caregivers, focusing on best practices in dementia care, while sensitizing the community at large through education and awareness. Learn more about AGI and the work that we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0FJHv7dbPw
- Part-time – 21 hours/week (3 days a week)
- Workdays to be determined (Monday through Friday)
- Occasional evenings and weekends as required by support service needs.
- In-Office (primary) and Telework. Telework as determined by the Executive Director. If employees are required to work from home, they are required to be available for emails, calls and meetings during regular business hours providing effective and prompt communication while completing all job responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an annual outreach plan that promotes AGI’s programs for people living with dementia, caregiver activities, education conferences, workshops and lectures taking place in the annual calendar.
- With input from the Support Services team, coordinates education events, including speakers for AGI’s conferences and webinars. Maintains an information database that includes registration, speaker information, meeting requirements, venue, etc.,
- Develops participant surveys for education, conferences and webinars events.
- Extrapolates and enters support services statistics and information into a centralized database. Prepares summary reports for each activity and reports required by senior management.
- Coordinates text copy for brochures and materials for education and outreach activities.
- Communicates graphic design needs and information updates for AGI’s website and digital platforms to Marketing Assistant / Graphic Designer.
- Schedules and organizes outreach activities in the community such as presentations by AGI staff. Registers and coordinates attendees for community kiosks and fairs.
- Proactively researches and seeks out new information to stay on top of dementia care and caregiving needs within the community.
- Essential duties such as answering and routing phone calls, responding to emails, correspondence, and general assistance to clients and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience of at least two years in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and virtual meeting platforms; strong knowledge of social media and other marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good research, reporting, technical, and statistical skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude. Dependable, punctual, independent problem solver with excellent follow-up skills and ability to drive the process to completion.
- A foundational understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias is a bonus, including the impact that the disease has on diagnosed individuals, families and caregivers.
- Knowledge of the Quebec healthcare system and community organizations is beneficial.
Remuneration and Benefits
- $23.00 to $26.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and education
Following a successful 3-month probationary period:
- 4% vacation indemnity (2 weeks); paid leave during December holidays (dates are determined by the Executive Director)
- 2 sick days, 1 personal day, 2 family obligation days per year
- Group Benefits Package that includes Health and Dental, AD&D, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long-term disability, critical illness and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan (VRSP)