Job Number: J1022-1433
Job Type: Permanent, part-time
City: Port Alberni, British Columbia
Hours of Work Per Week: 25-30
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: 4-5 flexible days/wk
Compensation: $25 - $27 based on experience and education
Mountainside Support Services provides individualized 24-hour support for children/youth and adults with a variety of specialized and/or complex needs.
In our passion to improve lives and develop life skills, we encourage inclusion and participation through community, life skill coaching, career development and family supports.
A little bit of everything!
Seeking a personable, organized office administrator who's not afraid of a bit of light bookkeeping.
This role requires a range of skills from front office reception, to preparing correspondence and reports, to performing light bookkeeping activities.
This position is suitable for a working parent or student who is available to work a flexible schedule of 4-5 days/wk within the hours of 8am to 430pm
In Your Role You Will
• Greet office visitors in-person and over the phone in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Compose (includes verbal transcription) and edit documents, agendas and meeting minutes.
• Create/assist in preparing statistical and narrative reports.
• Data entry; file and database records management.
• Reconcile petty cash fund.
• Resolve day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
• Schedule meetings, appointments, events, interviews and coordinate travel arrangements.
• Assist management/staff in problem solving, project planning, and developing/implementing program/organizational goals and objectives.
• Prepare, code & submit invoices, bills, expense claims to the Accounts Payable Financial Coordinator for payment.
• Order supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services, as required.
• Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME. As we will receive a high number of resumes for this posting, applications without a professional, customized cover letter referencing job# J1022-1433 may not be considered.***
• Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration
• 3+ years office administrative or accounting/bookkeeping experience
• Type 60+ wpm with high accuracy - typing assessment will be conducted
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry skills
• Superb organizational skills AND proven experience maintaining client and personnel file, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Well-developed problem solving & multi-tasking & prioritizing skills
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What we do
Mountainside Support Services is a social services agency, works with various government ministries, community and social organizations in Port Alberni, British Columbia. We provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, and youth at-risk. Client service plans are designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and confidence.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!