Do you want a purpose filled life? Are you looking for work-life balance? Are you enthusiastic about delivering superior services and care to clients? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse and change-positive work environment? Do you value a professional, positive, and supportive team?
Join Interval House’s Growing Team:
At Interval House, the life experiences and stories of the women and children we serve inspire everything we do. The Community Program team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides a continuum of services including integrated and specialized services to help women build their economic self-sufficiency (BESS). The Program’s many services include employability skills coaching, finding jobs, partner with employers and linking them with suitable clients, supportive one on one counselling, life skills workshops as well as housing support and referrals to other services.
The Job Developer position will report to the Community Programs Manager.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Arrangement: Hybrid flexible
Location: Toronto, Ontario
You will benefit from:
• Work/Life balance
• Competitive compensation
• Employer fully paid Group Insurance benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid vacation and sick benefits
• RRSP benefits
• Career growth and professional development opportunities
Do you have?
• Relevant Social Services education
• Knowledge and experience related to job development
• Excellent internal and external communication and negotiation skills
Apply your education/experience and knowledge to make a difference in women’s lives by:
• Coaching and empowering the clients’ to be self-sufficient in their employment search and successfully retain their jobs.
• Organised and structured case management/career planning to promote and support Interval House’s efforts to rebuild their lives within their communities.
• Negotiating and expanding the networks and connections of employment opportunities for Interval House’s clients.
Strengthen your skills and abilities in:
• Program planning and implementation
• Delivery of a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• Understanding of the employment legislations, labor market information and resources in Toronto
• Analysing data and preparing reports as well as verbal reporting
• New projects/challenges
Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada’s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Checkout our website for more details, www.intervalhouse.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: JOB DEVELOPER
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including booster shot) against Covid-19 is required before hire date.
Must be eligible to commit to a permanent employment contract.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!