Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
To be leaders in building strong and inclusive communities.
Mission: We are a community benefit organization focused on building resilient and healthy communities by offering person-centered, anti-oppressive programs and services.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will support the organization in implementing a strategic approach to policy activity, undertake focused research, analysis and policy development and develop advocacy strategies on a variety of social change related issues including health policy reforms and seniors housing opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Contribute to the organization’s policy development and advocacy initiatives, including developing policy positions and preparing policy submissions.
* Develop advocacy strategies to contribute to social change.
* Lead the development of resources (including briefing notes, factsheets, funding proposals, submissions, reports, position papers, etc.) on identified social change related issues within the context of the organization’s strategic plan.
* Work with the CEO to prioritize key projects and focus on the most important issues and opportunities.
* Perform special projects as directed by the CEO, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information.
* Strategically manage the CEO's time and calendar by exercising discretion and decision-making while sorting and filtering requests while ensuring priorities are met in a timely manner.
* Respond to routine questions and requests and refer requests to the Executive Leadership Team, as appropriate.
* Work with the CEO to strategize and manage a portfolio of relationships including scheduling of meetings and relationship management.
* Work with the CEO on Executive Leadership Team and other meeting planning, preparation and coordination, including logistics, materials, etc.
* Attend key meetings with the CEO with the purpose of ensuring follow-up and execution on identified next steps.
* Responsible for gathering statistical information, review/audit for accuracy, prepare analysis, develop forecasts and distribution as needed.
* Prepare monthly statistical reports dashboard, balanced scorecard, ad hoc reports and assist in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization.
* Represent Indus at relevant events, conferences and external meetings with stakeholders as required, ensuring follow-up and execution on identified next steps.
* Research, follow, and build the organization’s internal knowledge around emerging issues.
* Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required.
* Adopt safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
* Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Post secondary education in Health or Social Policy Planning, Undergraduate degree in Social Services, Human Services, Public Administration with three to five years of experience in health or social policy or planning at either not-for-profit or government level.
* Excellent research, statistical, analytical & problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including strong business writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate information to a variety of audiences.
* Demonstrated experience engaging in multi-sectoral collaborations internally and externally.
* Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
* Highly organized with strong documentation skills and attention to detail with the appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
* Exceptional project and time management skills including planning, prioritization, and follow up.
* Excellent initiative and follow through skills.
* A strong understanding and/or lived experience of a South Asian culture and the discrimination experienced in Canada.
* Capable of handling competing priorities and working effectively under pressure.
* Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Ability to work flexible hours and in a fast-paced environment.
* Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation is required.
* Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to commencing employment.
* It is a condition of employment that employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Indus' legal obligations.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!