($48,174.13 - $54,676.88 Annually)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Portfolio Administration, the Program Assistant, Group Homes performs financial and administrative duties for the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PHRC) Group Homes portfolio, year-end reconciliations, mortgage administration and annual market rent reviews for the Provincial Rental Assistance Program (PRAP) Senior Program. He/She/They maintains frequent liaison with internal staff, sponsoring ministries, operators, vendors and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a diploma in Business Administration, bookkeeping, or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable work experience in financial administration.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of program and financial administration.
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices, budget preparation and reconciliation.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in relevant databases, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, research, investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with solid command of the English language
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to learn and understand the BCH Funding Program Social Policy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, adjust communication. style as required to probe and assess issues.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Keyboarding skills at 40 wpm.