BGC South Coast BC provides programs and services for children, youth, and families in communities from Vancouver to Langley. We are looking for a full time Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team in Delta. If you are a certified payroll practitioner with experience in full cycle payroll and interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you. For more information about BGC South Coast BC visit our website at www.bgcbc.ca
Summary of Responsibilities
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll and benefits administration for 230 to 400 employees in compliance with BGC policy, payroll and employment regulations, tax laws and other related regulations/law as applicable. This position includes being privy to personal information regarding BGC employees. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Process semi-monthly payroll:
- Collects and reviews payroll forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Inputs transactions ensuring hours and allocations entered correctly.
- Verifies transactions with relevant Managers or Directors as applicable.
- Runs and checks balance reports, calculate periods and pay registers.
- Verifies and sends out pay slips.
- Prepares file for bank and sends to Finance.
- Runs and e-files semi-monthly payroll reports.
- Works with Finance for any GL extract issues.
- Prepares manual payments when required.
- Processes and sets up items related to group benefits and pension in payroll.
- Works with HR in tracking and maintaining benefit eligibility, enrollment, changes, and terminations
- Ensures accurate tracking and reporting of vacation, sick, and other leaves.
- Responds to employee questions, in a sensitive, tactful, and professional manner.
- Works with HR in the creation and maintenance of payroll profiles in HRIS and hard copy files for new/all employees.
- Key member in the setup, support and implementation of new administrative processes related to payroll and scheduling systems.
- Generates reports from payroll related to:
- Salary and wages monitoring
- Finance/payroll audits
- HR reports (turnover, demographics, leave usage)
- Proactively identifies potential issues concerning payroll processes, errors, systems and proposes solutions.
- Stives to find efficiencies in the payroll process.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of year end cycle including T4 reconciliation, processing, and distribution of T4’s to employees and submission to CRA.
- Works with Finance in preparation and filing of Employer Health Tax.
- Other related duties as required.
- Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- PCP certification with Canadian Payroll Association (Diploma/Degree in Business Administration is an asset).
- Minimum one year experience in full cycle payroll (experience in accounting an asset).
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional payroll procedures, requirements, and tax laws.
- Experience using payroll and HRIS software (Experience with COMVIDA an asset).
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy laws and confidentiality related to business and employee records.
- Excellent People skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills (ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and deadlines)
- Excellent data entry skills with attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills (strategize and use judgement to make decisions and solve problems, consulting appropriate authority when necessary).
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time salary position $50,700 to 56,550 to start depending on experience. Group benefits at six months, pension after one year, three weeks paid vacation in first year, paid sick and personal leave, birthday off and up to 5 days statutory holiday substitution days per year to celebrate/recognize religious, cultural, and/or personal days that are important to the employee where those days are not currently recognized as statutory holidays in BC/Canada). Position includes, employer paid annual membership fee with Canadian Payroll Association.
Position will remain open until filled.
Thank you in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
- Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
- Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
- Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs