Job Title: Team Administrative Assistant (Internal/External)
Reports to: Shelter Program Manager
Classification: HEU AS3; Grid 5
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Under the direction of a program manager, this position works as part of an integrated administrative team by performing a variety of community office assistant and clerical duties including word processing, scheduling, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing program reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general and specific inquiries related to programs and services from clients, staff and the public. Assists front line staff and managers to ensure smooth operations and flow for office and client care. The position requires the individual to be proficient at time management and able to effectively manage competing priorities.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates Program designated phone, and performs reception duties such as directing calls, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, and responding to in-person and telephone inquiries. Refers problems to staff and/or supervisor.
- Performs word processing and data entry functions, including financial data into relevant computerized software systems, maintaining relevant registers, and typing from rough draft or general instruction, including correspondence, reports, and documents.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (sharing, promoting events, initiatives etc.). Leverage relationships and opportunities with key online individuals, influencers and organizations
- Performs general record management duties such as assembling files, assigning file numbers, preparing file folders, and filing and distributing documents and files.
- Receives, records, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, internal correspondence, and courier documents. Signs for receipt of packages and shipments.
- Performs general office functions such as booking and setting up meeting rooms, arranging conference calls, and maintaining a stock of supplies in the work area relevant to program needs.
- Maintains and updates file management system, ensuring all required documents are on the files - create an integrated health/care plan file, to include Intake, housing, referrals and maybe basic health for each client file
- Updates all electronic files and reporting requirements such as databases and reporting templates
- Operates office equipment such as photocopiers, shredders, and fax machines, and carries out minor maintenance, such as loading paper, removing paper jams, cleaning glass, and changing toner cartridges. Refers further maintenance required to supervisor.
- Assists with client intake by performing duties such as obtaining client information and completing documentation required.
- Assists with the volunteer scheduling and updated volunteer duties as per program direction.
- Processes payments for vendor invoices and processes reoccurring bill payments
- Performs other related duties as assigned.