The Burnaby Neighbourhood House (BNH) is a multi-service charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to the residents of Burnaby. BNH has come together with Burnaby Community Services, Burnaby Meals on Wheels and Burnaby Seniors Outreach Services Society (‘Societies’) to integrate programs and operations.
The Senior Bookkeeper & Administration Coordinator is responsible for the full cycle bookkeeping and general administration for the three Societies.
This position reports to the BNH Director of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and prepare accounts payable, accounts receivable and billings, bank and credit card reconciliations, general ledger account reconciliations and monthly transactions posting.
- Prepare deposits and banking.
- Prepare and assist with government required filings.
- Manage, track and report on the gaming grants in compliance with funder regulations.
- Manage and prepare charitable tax receipts in compliance with CRA requirements.
- Maintain funder grants schedule for reporting compliance and provide support for funder reporting.
- Develop and maintain filing system for accounting and administrative records.
- Provide support for the annual audit process.
- Liaise with vendors, respond to funder and other queries.
- Manage and support the general administration of the office.
- Perform other special projects and duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma and/or certificate in accounting/bookkeeping or equivalent education. Preferably pursuing accounting career.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in full cycle accounting/bookkeeping with accounting software (preferably QuickBooks online and Sage 50).
- Knowledge of other accounting software and fundraising software is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced level of Excel and Word.
- Experience with developing and maintaining office systems is an asset.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Compensation and Hours:
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Pay Range: $24.04 - $26.27 per hour
Extended Health benefit package (after 3 months) and 3% matching Group RRSP (after 1 year)
- Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Job Location: 2055 Rosser Avenue, Burnaby, B.C., V5C 0H1