Position title: Operations and Administrative Coordinator (4 month contract)
Reports to: Director of Operations & Human Resources
The Operations & Administrative Coordinator oversees and ensures smooth running facilities both on-line and in person. Working alongside multiple departments, this role addresses any issues that arise in the day-to-day operations by ensuring that the necessary facilities and equipment are in place for the seamless coordination of programs, classes, workshops and daily functions. This includes building facility operations, working with contractors, developing and maintaining office systems, conducting internal assessments to ensure optimal operational functions, and coordinating new technology roll-outs. The administrative responsibilities entail coordinating all Board correspondence, meetings, and functions, handling supplies from coordinating shipping to ensuring delivery as scheduled. This position is a multifaceted role responsible for a wide range of services from operations and office systems to building maintenance and capital equipment. The Operations and Administrative Coordinator will be required to assess, enhance, and mitigate possible issues that may affect disruption to business operations.
- Oversees facility maintenance, janitorial services, and coordinates with contractors to ensure minimal disruption to daily operations
- Ensures equipment and furniture are maintained regularly and functioning properly, resolving issues that arise with prompt attention
- Coordinates distribution and keeps records of keys for access to building, parking, and office equipment
- Develops office policies and procedures to ensure office systems are maintained
- Works with the building manager and property management company to ensure issues are addressed (HVAC, pest control, building notices)
- Maintains alarm systems and access, ensures codes are regularly updated and assigned
- Purchases capital equipment and office supplies, coordinating with department managers and keeping in line with budgets
- Ensures optimal functioning of the telephone systems, ensures messaging, forwarding and assignments are current. Troubleshoots issues and has a good understanding of the programming functions.
- Oversees lease and maintenance agreements for all printers and distributes reports of usage.
- Promotes public awareness and support for operations and programs by performing duties such as posting signage on all exterior client access points and interior information boards
- Maintains parking assignment maps and manages visitor parking
- Ensures Safety Equipment maintenance is up to date (eg: City Fire inspections, annual fire equipment testing including fire extinguishers, safety lighting, and exit signs)
- Oversees the development of instructional guidance to staff who require support with use of technology, including online platforms (eg. Phone system, Teams, Zoom, Moodle, DocuSign, GS Wave)
- Works closely with other departments to ensure a seamless coordination of operational procedures where issues are quickly addressed and resolved
- Responsible for maintaining the status of all capital equipment ensuring records are kept current
- Manages the budgets for purchasing of all office and program supplies and ensures proper assignment to department and account codes
- Supports all administration functions for all Board, Board Committee meetings and functions, and senior leadership meetings.
- Takes notes, minutes, and support follow up of action items, as required.
- Prepares and edits reports and presentations for use in email outreach, calls, and meetings.
- Compiles information and statistics, writes briefing notes, and communications materials, as needed.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of external communications and communications lists.
- Management of scheduling and deadlines for events, conferences, meetings.
- Assist with setting up appointments, sending cards or gifts, and general correspondence
- Handles administrative tasks as required and performs duties as assigned by senior management.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Results Focused. Action-oriented. Maximizes organizational effectiveness and sustainability. Aligns people, work, and systems to meet organizational objectives.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business or social services
- 5 years’ experience in an office environment
- Excellent knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom and Moodle
- Strong writing skills for policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to details
- Experience in handling financial documents and organizing and maintaining standard office procedures.
- Strong analytical and data entry skills and familiarity with databases
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment, and remain calm during periods of high demand
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot problems and find solutions
Hours: 35 hours / week
Contract role: December 2022 – March 2023
Salary: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour dependent on experience