Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS)
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
We currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) as well as summer hours in July and August.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our dynamic and passionate team. If you have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking the initiative, this position is a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Operations, you will play a key role, as you help coordinate and implement the human resources functions within the organization. This will be achieved through developing and managing a variety of programs and policies.
- Develop HR strategy and sets goals related to the objectives and works with the Senior Director to execute the strategy
- Support the current and future needs of the organization through development, engagement and motivation of employees
- Establish and maintain a recruitment, orientation and onboarding strategy
- Manage leaves of absence, accommodations and WSIB claims
- Ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures across the organization
- Ensure the organization is legally compliant by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources legislative requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records/updates
- Desigs and facilitate a comprehensive training and development program
- Cultivate a positive, productive work environment
- Maintain and update the Employee Manual
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process from job posting development to providing offers of employment
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned by the Senior Director or CEO
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic objectives
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Ability to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations
- Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Superior analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to present HR updates and information effectively to senior leaders
- Prior experience with an HRMS, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Graduate of a University or College Program in Human Resources Management
- Completion of CHRL/CHRE designation
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization an asset