The Memorial Society of BC is a non-profit, non-sectarian consumer advocacy organization formed in 1956. We are not affiliated with the funeral industry, instead, we are an objective source of education and information regarding the planning of funeral services. We provide our members with access to ethical and compassionate funeral providers and support our members in planning for death.
If you would like more information about the Society, please visit us at memorialsocietybc.org.
We are looking for a creative and strategic Social Media Facilitator to kick-start and grow our online presence. This includes scheduling, monitoring and posting content to selected social media platforms. The Social Media Facilitator is also responsible for reviewing analytics with aim to grow our social media follower base.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a part-time position that offers an opportunity for creativity and growth while making a meaningful contribution to society.
· Prepare and post social media content.
· Create monthly social media calendar
· Monitor social media channels for comments and direct messages
· Use analytics tools to gauge the success of posts
· Update posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization.
· Prepare reports on analytics.
· A degree in communication, marketing or social media or equivalent in training and experience
· Demonstrated experience with writing and posting social media content
· Strong analytical skills.
· Solid communication and time management skills.
· Knowledge of not-for-profit operations preferable
· Knowledge or interest in end of life issues an asset
Position type: Six-month contract with possibility for renewal, beginning as soon as possible
Hours: Part-time position up to 20 hours per month
Rate: $30.00 per hour
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!