This position recommends, creates, and implements key aspects of development programs, including developing and implementing goals and strategies to maximize funding for priorities. This position identifies, evaluates, and recommend approaches to gaining or deepening relationships with current and prospective donors.
The schedule for this position requires the incumbent to work variable hours, including regular attendance at early morning meetings.
What you will do
- Recommends, develops and implements communication and donor engagement strategies with various donor groups.
- Supports senior staff on development decisions throughout the donor engagement lifecycle.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommend approaches to gaining or deepening relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Develops objectives, discusses strategies for meeting objectives and executing annual plans, and resolves barriers to implementation.
- Identifies, evaluates, and solicits prospective donors (individuals, corporations and foundations).
- Creates and maintains print, email and web content to support departmental priorities.
- Updates all contact and solicitation activity in the database.
- Writes case statements and donor proposals in support of key solicitation/engagement opportunities.
- Identifies, recruits, trains, and manages volunteers and coaches to assist with alumni communication, engagement and fundraising efforts.
- Coordinates fundraising volunteer meetings, recognition, communication and engagement opportunities.
- Implements business intelligence projects, including performance metrics, launching new software, data visualization and analytics.
- Collaborates with other Advancement staff to plan and facilitate development activities.
- Oversees event budgets, timelines and other aspects of the event project.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Four-Year Bachelor Degree or equivalent. In addition, requires trade certification, qualification, or on-going learning to remain ahead of changes in technology or emerging fields.
- More than 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of relationship building, fundraising and stewardship considered an asset.
- Experience planning, coordinating and/or managing events or promotions considered an asset.
- Previous experience building relationships with donors considered an asset.
- Experience in data, trend analysis and reporting considered an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards and/or guidelines considered an asset.
- Experience in planning and/or managing projects considered an asset.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- A CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certification considered an asset.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge of concepts and principles in a specialist field that is typically acquired through a combination of advanced professional or academic qualifications and/or substantial work experience.
- Provide effective consultation and advice on non-straightforward and/or complex issues.
- Interaction with others requires interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and influence.
- Adapt messages to meet the different needs of different audiences.
- Builds relationships, trust and credibility.
- Prioritize and distribute work to deliver objectives on time and to the highest standard.
- Identify in advance when the intended results may not be achieved and develops a plan to address the gaps.
- Actively participate in project team meetings and develop individual and unit project plans.
- Lead procedural or technological change within a unit.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes.
- Seek information and input to fully understand the cause of problems.
- Appropriately assesses risks before making a decision.
- Contribute to the creation and evaluation of possible solutions.
- Take action to remove obstacles and address problems before the impact performance and results.
- Apply equity, diversity, accessibility, inclusion and Indigenization considerations to decision making and planning.
- Promote a work environment that is free from sexual violence, harassment and discrimination, and the ability to show empathy for those who have experienced trauma.