Virtual Services & Access Navigator – Labour Market Access (Toronto)
(Part -Time until March 31st, 2023)
CCS is a settlement agency providing services that assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is seeking a part-time Virtual Services & Access Navigator. This position will support adult newcomers to acquire digital literacy skills to optimize online and hybrid employment-focused learning and access related resources.
- Provide all newly registered program participants with digital literacy orientation to facilitate their online class participation and comfort-level in using online learning tools
- Screen and assess program participants’ digital literacy level, access to devices, and comfort attending virtual classes; provide appropriate supports as needed
- Provide digital literacy coaching and tutorials in one –one and group and sessions to support clients access all components of the Employment Access Program
- Coordinate the device lending program
- Support with the development and enhancement of online resources for delivery of language and workplace skills development
- Develop and maintain digital literacy resources to support newcomers with online access
- Connect clients to settlement workers and other CCS programs as per eligibility, language, and identified needs
- Develop and execute outreach plans to promote the program and recruit participants
- Work collaboratively with the program team to coordinate the delivery of activities
- Provide recommendations for improvement, development and/or expansion of the program to ensure proactive response to clients’ changing needs
- Perform administrative duties including data collection, data entry and data management as required
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical, narrative, and program progress reports
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager
- The minimum required is post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in client facing role in a community setting
- Demonstrated comfort and agility using various virtual service outlets, such as website chat, social media, messaging platforms, online training platforms and videoconferencing tools.
- Knowledge of English language training/learning platforms, e.g. Avenue.ca, Moodle, EduLINC, Tutela an asset
- Experience serving clients in hybrid (i.e. in-person and online) environments using a variety of tools
- Proven experience working with clients from diverse cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated commitment to principles of equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression
- In depth understanding of barriers and challenge facing newcomers
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant community resources & initiatives
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative, client- centred, solution focused and result oriented
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a flexible manner in order to meet shifting priorities
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (virtual and onsite) which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
- Excellent oral and written English skills are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and internet applications
Salary: Salary at the rate of $27.56 per hour
Hours of Work: 28 per week, including evening and weekend hours as required
How to apply: Please refer to CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T378
no later than Friday November 25th, 2022.
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.