Apply now – Great opportunity!
Role: Team Lead – Child and Youth Programs
8% gross annual pay vacation, YMCA Membership, Paid sick days, Full Benefits Package, Annual YMCA Pension Contribution of 5%, Discount on child care (Excluding infant and toddler care)
30-40/hrs per week. Weekdays, weekends, flexible
Prince George Family Y- Prince George, BC
About the Program:
The Prince George Family Y is a multi-services facility, offering Fitness Services, Health Management Programs, Group Fitness classes, and Child and Youth Programs. We believe in putting people first, with 5-Star YMCA Services, and creating environments that are caring, welcoming and fun.
Responsibilities of this role:
You will spend approximately 80% of time in direct program delivery and support and 20% on administrative tasks such as scheduling, program reports and evaluation and other duties as required.
· Coach and support the staff team to provide quality YMCA recreation services:
· Develops program staff and volunteers through coaching and side by side support
· Facilitate and participate in direct program delivery
· Liaison to resolve challenges between staff, volunteers, participants, and parents
· Coordinates with Assistant Manager to evaluate services on an ongoing basis, respond to emerging needs, and foster a culture of continuous improvement
· Flexibility in schedule, including weekends is required
· Ensuring YMCA programs and experiences are safe and secure for members/participants
· Satisfactory criminal record check and clear vulnerable sector search and 3 satisfactory professional references
· Current first aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain within the first month
· Successful experience managing and leading a team of staff and volunteer programs and service leaders
The YMCA thanks all those interested in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!