Zebra Child & Youth Advocacy Centre
Communications Coordinator - Full Time Position
The Zebra Child & Youth Advocacy Centre works to provide a collaborative response to child abuse through intervention, advocacy and providing a continuum of support in a child-friendly environment. We are seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to join our herd. To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume via email to Jolie Erick, Manager, Finance & Administration c/o This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Since 2002, the Zebra Child & Youth Advocacy Centre and our Multi-Disciplinary Team of partners have worked to provide a continuum of support for children and youth who have experienced abuse throughout the entire disclosure, investigative, judicial, and healing process.
We count on the community to help support this important work. Therefore, the Zebra Centre wishes to hire Communications Coordinator to coordinate and implement strategic marketing and communications activities to raise awareness about our cause and engage both internal and external audiences.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Administration, the Communications Coordinator will play an essential role within the Zebra Centre, with primary responsibilities including:
1. Communications: coordinates the communications strategy for the Zebra Centre including key messaging, media relations, signage and various publications (brochures, annual reports, etc). Ensures our various social media channels are engaging and appropriate to help share the Zebra Centre story.
2. Marketing & Advocacy: strategically develops and implements marketing plans to raise awareness and promote the Zebra Centre through presentations, promotional opportunities and partnerships.
3. Events Management: working with the Philanthropy Lead, oversees the successful implementation of Zebra Centre signature events as well as provides communications supports to community groups for their third-party community events.
4. Internal Teams: works closely and collaboratively with all teams within the Centre and oversees 1 staff. Liaises with and supports volunteers and committees.
This position is based in the Zebra Centre, located in downtown Edmonton. It is a flexible, full-time schedule working 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with some evening and weekends as needed. Please note we work with accredited facility dogs on-site.
The Communications Coordinator will possess the following experiences, knowledge and strengths:
• Strong skillset in marketing and communications strategies and best practices is required, including a high comfort level with technology. Ideally, the incumbent will have 2-3 years working experience.
o A strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) as well as graphic design and video creation platforms considered an asset.
• Strategic thinker with ability to make things happen!
• Superior customer service and relationship management skills. A people-person!
• A self-starter who is curious, willing to accept direction and feedback.
• Ability to work independently with strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and sensitively. Creativity is a must!
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and partners.
• Experience managing staff or volunteers, with awareness and sensitivity to diversity.
• Strong self-awareness supported by established personal wellness practices.
• Successful passing and maintenance of an Edmonton Police Service Enhanced Security Clearance and a Children’s Services Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Knowledge of community services and agencies and a demonstrated commitment to community, children and volunteerism is considered an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
This specialized position offers a competitive not-for-profit salary in the range of $52,000 - $57,000. In addition to a comprehensive health, dental and life benefits package, the Zebra Child & Youth Advocacy Centre offers an employee RRSP program, underground heated parking, three weeks’ annual vacation and two additional mental wellness days per year. Communication tools (cellular telephone, iPad and other tools) provided as required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Zebra Child & Youth Advocacy Centre is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and accessible facility. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Please note that due to a high volume of interested applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!