Who are we?
Parkgate Society is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization providing programs and services to the Seymour and Deep Cove community. With a vision of a vibrant, connected community, Parkgate Society creates opportunities for people in our community to live life better. We support this vision through the development of a unique and diverse blend of accessible low-cost and no-cost programs and services, created in direct response to community needs; primarily serving children, youth, families, and seniors. We continually strive to find new opportunities to help us enhance or increase our community programs, community involvement, and community engagement. Community-inspired • Community-supported • Community-driven
What’s the job?
We are looking to add a new Program Assistant to our amazing seniors’ staff team. This person will become part of the growing seniors department with a focus on support to My Parkgate BREAK, our dementia day program. We are looking for an outgoing and compassionate individual who has knowledge and experience working with seniors in the community and particularly with adults living with early to moderate dementia. If you love community, have a desire to learn and grow in a position and can multitask in a fast-paced environment then read on. The Program Assistant will contribute to the overall effectiveness and success of our services for seniors, helping them to feel better connected to the community so they can live life better.
What will you do?
• Work with our seniors’ staff team to support our My Parkgate BREAK program, designed to meet the needs of seniors with early to moderate dementia;
• Provide additional support to the seniors’ department programs and services;
• Work with our team of staff and volunteers to ensure our seniors are healthy, active, and connected to their community; and
• May work the occasional evening or weekend as needed.
Who are we looking for?
▪ Education and/or experience working with seniors in a community setting;
▪ A minimum of 2 years experience in the not-for-profit environment;
▪ Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work within a team environment;
▪ Demonstrated planning and organizational skills or the willingness to learn;
▪ The ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems that may come up during the course of a workday;
▪ Ability to work closely with volunteer members and provide coaching and support when required;
▪ Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new trends in programming and services to seniors; and
▪ All or some of the following certifications (or willing to obtain): First aid, Food Safe, Class 4 Drivers License.
• Criminal Record Check
• Valid safety oriented first-aid certificate
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!