At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Career and Youth Services
Program: Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Project
Employment Type: January 3, 2023 to March 31, 2023
Number of Position: 1
About the Position:
The Case Manager provides services to assist Internationally Trained Professionals (ITPs) in licensing and gaining Canadian work experience.
Reports to: Project Manager
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keeps track of client’s progress in their accreditation process to ensure their licensing objectives are being met.
- Reviews, revises, and updates accreditation/action plans according to client needs
- Provides solutions to clients encountering loan repayment difficulties
- Provides job search support and employment connections/opportunities to case managed clients
- Provides professional mentoring and networking opportunities for clients to continue to enhance their employability
- Liaises with employers to provide employment opportunities to program participants
- Develops and delivers program workshops to enhance clients’ employability skills, financial literacy and business connections
- Manages online forum, monitors clients’ participation and provides online support if required
- Provides information and refers clients to community service providers for other support services if required
- Collects data and prepares reports on a monthly basis and when required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human resources, counselling, education, or human resources management
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) or equivalent designation completed or underway
- Additional languages are an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a social service environment as an employment case manager and or job developer
- Experience in connecting with employers to provide job experience for clients
- Experience and knowledge in career counselling
- Experience in working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Experience in facilitating workshops/group activities, including but not limited to job search, basic life skills, essential work skills and soft skills
- Knowledge of labour market trends and information in BC
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conduct and interpret client needs assessments
- Ability to support clients to develop a realistic and achievable Action Plans
- Ability to provide job search support for internationally trained professionals
- Ability to build partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in computers, equipment and technology used to support clients in job searching (e.g. MS Office programs, web-based assessment tools, social media platforms, web-based research tools, and web-based learning platforms)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Criminal Record Check required
- Able to work in person on-site, and remote(virtually) as needed
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply by 11:59pm December 9, 2022
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.