Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant role is ideal for a candidate with strong administrative and relationship building skills who will play an important role in Impact North Shore in delivering the mission and vision. Strong administrative, organisation, and relationship building skills are required for this position.
This position provides professional administrative support to the Executive Director and leadership team to support operating efficiency. The role accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Assist with the preparation of standard correspondence.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
- Set up and complete administration associated with board, leadership and external meetings in hybrid environment.
- Support with the development of agendas and take meeting notes, as required.
- Research data to prepare documents for review and presentation and updates the Board and leadership portals, as needed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of external communications and communications lists.
- File and retrieve records, document and reports and updating board portal.
- Assist with managing the processing of expenses.
- Manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative.
- Provide general administrative support and supports general organizational administrative function as required.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, (SharePoint) and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and prioritize accordingly to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Proactive approach to problem- solving with strong decision-making skills
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore. Engages people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and in delivering results.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic, organized way. Follows directions, procedures and ensures deliverables are met on time + in accordance with agreed standards.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- 2 years of related experience
- Ability to work on tight deadlines while producing high-quality work
- Creates synergy with team by effectively delegating responsibilities and managing deliverables
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritization
- Salary: $23.00 - $26.00 / hour commensurate to experience, plus competitive benefits package
- Work Schedule: 21 - 28 hours /week
- Work Environment – on-site
- Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed and considered upon submission.