Nurse Practitioner Full Time Position Parental Leave Coverage – 12 Month Contract
Hamilton Urban Core is a thriving inner city health centre and a leader in the provision of high-quality primary health services and health promotion programs. Our comprehensive health services are delivered through a dynamic team of multidisciplinary, inter-professional health providers. As an inner-city health centre our client populations include individuals and families with chronic and complex health and social conditions, many of which are living in poverty.
The Nurse Practitioner will join our dynamic inter-professional team in providing holistic, comprehensive primary health care services to individuals, families, and communities in the inner city. A Registered Nurse, Extended Class, in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses, will use advanced assessment, physical examination, therapeutic and diagnostic skills to treat, counsel or refer clients. Using a collaborative, shared care approach, the Nurse Practitioner will work with other team members in health promotion and disease prevention which may include individual, group, or community interventions.
The successful candidate should have:
• BScN with Nurse Practitioner certificate and registered with the Ontario College of Nurses in Extended Class
• Broad-based nursing experience
• Excellent clinical, assessment and problem-solving skills
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Interest and experience in working in primary health care, preferably in a community health setting, and as part of a multi-disciplinary, interprofessional team
• Experience with and sensitivity to issues impacting on populations in the inner city which may include immigrants and refugees, isolated seniors, street youth, people living in poverty, people living with mental illness, poor mental health and/or addiction issues, and/or people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless
• Knowledge of the community health centre
• Awareness of Hamilton Urban Core’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression principles
• Proficiency in the use of computers in the work environment
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!