COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, WEB:
($56,796.64 - $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the Communications Specialist, Web, maintains BC Housing websites by completing service desk requests. He/she/they drafts and manages content for the website, supports various web production projects, and coordinates the maintenance of BC Housing’s websites.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in web design development, digital communications, marketing, or other relevant disciplines.
- Considerable progressive related experience in communications in the areas of content creation, and maintenance of complex websites.
- Sound Experience in working with Content Management Systems, UX optimization, usability assessments and service delivery websites.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current web editing tools, HTML and CSS
- Sound knowledge of web analytics, including Google analytics
- Sound knowledge Drupal Content Management Systems and other content management systems
- Some knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, web accessibility, digital standards, copyright/privacy laws, and Search Engine Optimization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Some knowledge of using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
- Strong writing and editing abilities to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to assist the development of creative digital strategies to support business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to implement business objectives
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and work with them to resolve differences and work cohesively together
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner and display a high degree of judgement, discretion, and decision-making ability
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required