Position: Full-time Communications Coordinator
Hours of work: 42 hours a week
Salary: $39,000-45,000 annually
Work Perks: Health benefits, paid sick days and vacation, and RRSP retirement program included after 6 months.
Want to use your digital skills for a grassroots organization? Here’s your chance to use your creativity to amplify the reach of an organization that works directly with working-class people in Canada.
ACORN Canada is hiring a Communications Coordinator that will assist national office and field staff in developing strategic campaigns and digital outreach methods to broaden the reach of our working-class organization across Canada.
ACORN is a membership-based organization of working-class people whose purpose is to fight for and champion the causes of low-to-moderate income people. Working with ACORN Canada combines mass outreach techniques, direct action, strategic campaigning to fight for systematic changes in Canada.
Applicants must have some experience in digital campaigns, outreach work, have intermediate French writing skills, are eager to fight for economic and social justice in Canada, and be willing to work and learn from others.
Applicants must apply with their resume and a few samples of digital campaigns they’ve developed (Ex. social media shareables, presentations, form email campaigns etc.).
ONLY Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
What is ACORN?
We are a tenants’ union. We are a disability action union. We are a worker’s union. We are a consumer’s union. We are whatever our members are.
ACORN is a multi-issue, mass-based union of low-to-moderate income people. The purpose of the union is to give low-to-moderate income people power so that they have the ability to have their voices effectively heard at the highest levels in the country. With chapters across the region, province, and across the country, ACORN is able to be both a local-based union winning local campaigns, as well as a large organization combining forces to fight national corporations and governments that are at the root of most of our problems.
ACORN Canada is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with ACORN Canada’s National office and to support and work collaboratively with ACORN Canada’s local offices across the country.
The individual will be responsible for coordinating and supporting communications digital organizing and fundraising. We are looking for someone with excellent writing skills who can operate in a fast-paced work environment. Below is our vision for the position based on our current needs.
• Communications projects to support both national and local campaigns.
• Coordinate web content, newsletters, publishing (solicit content, edit, layout, publish).
• Track and report website and other social media metrics.
• Update website pages as required.
• Use and support other staff in using digital campaigning and organizing platforms.
• Meeting data needs as per the organization’s internal systems and requirements.
• Experience: Atleast 2-3 years of experience in communications or digital organizing, ideally in a non-profit environment.
• Bilingualism (English and French) is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge of online communications.
• Strong project management and organization skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Comfort using technology and data in day-to-day work.
• Excellent computer and online software skills (Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, CRM, Google docs & Analytics, online social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter).
• Experience with web content management software (WordPress, Drupal, etc.).
• Ability to solve problems and work both independently and as a team player.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Ability to identify relevant content for key audiences.
• Ability to stay abreast of best practices.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to be diplomatic, enthusiastic, flexible, task-oriented, and comfortable working with diversity of people in a variety of situations.
• Knowledge of graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) an asset.
• Technical abilities: this role could support the operation and maintenance of the IT including recommending, designing, implementing, operating and supporting the systems as required.
Expected start date: January/February 2022
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!