CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
($45,449.88 - $51,540.17 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Administration, the Customer Service Representative provides professional level customer service in responding to phone calls and emails, explains the Homeowner Protection Act and related regulations, and provides information regarding departmental policies and processes. In addition, he/she/they performs administrative and clerical functions to support Licensing & Consumer Services (formerly HPO) operations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduation and completion of a post-secondary course in office or business administration or other relevant field.
- Sound progressive experience in an office and/or highly computerized environment, including experience working with the public, providing basic bookkeeping or accounting functions, working with a variety of software programs, and performing data entry.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures associated with licensing, license and renewal applications, amendments to licenses, new home registrations, owner builder authorizations, requests to sell, and reviews and appeals.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word and Outlook and ability to maneuver between applications with ease; ability to use the internet to locate relevant information/data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills, with the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality protocols.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to work independently and also work co-operatively in a team environment.