Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The Lead Cook works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a residential setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. As a member of the team, the lead cook develops menus and recipes according to licensing and the national food guide, monitors specialized dietary needs including participant allergies, maintains licensing and health authority standards, ensures a clean and safe work environment and performs administrative duties such as ordering supplies, managing suppliers and monitoring kitchen expenditures. The lead cook also provides direction to staff, supports participants with work placements and /or volunteers as required.
• Provides direction to other cooks, participants, staff, volunteers and/or community placements assigned to kitchen work area.
• Performance evaluations, scheduling, monitoring and supervising of kitchen staff.
• Ensures food is stored safely and according to licensing and Foodsafe guidelines
• Follows all guidelines for a licensed kitchen in a residential program, including knowledge of and adherence to the Meals and More program
• Lead responsible for licensing for kitchen
• Lead responsible to meet with licensing for regular Fraser Health inspections
• Plans and develops menus and recipes according to licensing, Canada Food Guide and input from participants.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as estimating food and supply requirements based on menus and minimum/maximum.
• Prepares and serves meals and snacks by performing duties such as planning food preparation and cooking schedules.
• Maintains kitchen security by performing duties such as ensuring all knives are kept under lock and key except those in current use.
• Performs a variety of inventory control duties such as storing and rotating food and supplies.
• Gathers quarterly feedback from participants and make adaptations accordingly.
• Ensures a clean and orderly environment.
• Maintains equipment in the area by performing duties such as monitoring of functioning and reporting malfunctioning equipment.
• Reports any malfunction in equipment to manager of program
• Maintains related maintenance manuals, cleaning schedules, temperature logs and computerized records.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Minimum of Grade 12 education, Graduation from a recognized 12 month or more program in cooking plus two (2) years of recent related experience with licensed institutions or large organizations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Current standard first aid certificate
• Tuberculosis and medical clearance
• Foodsafe Certificate Level II
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
Manager, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $31.28/hour – $32.65/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open Until filled
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS456
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!