Youth Transition Coordinator
Transition to Adulthood Program - Vancouver
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society requires an experienced Youth Transition Coordinator for the Vancouver Transition to Adulthood Program. The successful applicant will be part of an integrated youth services team providing support to youth in care at Broadway Youth Resource Centre. The Youth Transition Worker will work alongside the Youth Outreach and Resource Room at BYRC to offer life skills and other points of connection through programming at the Centre. Staff will be required to work some evenings and weekends to support BYRC’s Resource Room Drop-In.
The BYRC Transition to Adulthood program Coordinator provides support and supervision to staff who support youth who are currently in Ministry care and those who are transitioning out of care following their 19th birthday within the city of Vancouver. The Supervisor also carries a caseload.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Applicants should possess a B.A. or a degree in a related field (Social Work, Child and Youth Care). A combination of related education and experience will be considered.
A solid background in providing low-barrier and trauma-informed support to youth from diverse backgrounds, including LGBTQ2S, Indigenous youth from Ministry care, youth on the FASD spectrum, and youth who experience other systemic barriers in their transition to independent living. We require the candidate to connect well with Indigenous, newcomer, LGBTQ2S and youth of colour, to ensure they feel safe, supported, and connected.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Current standard first aid certificate
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Experience working with multi-barriered youth from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience working with youth dealing with mental health and addiction issues.
• Sound judgement and effective interpersonal skills.
• Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience working with youth within harm reduction and trauma-informed models.
• Strong understanding of non-binary gender representations, expressions and identities.
• Strong understanding of Indigenous culture and impacts of colonialism, racism and oppression on Indigenous communities.
• Strong understanding of Ministry care systems.
• Certificate of completion for nonviolent crisis intervention or similar program.
• Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle will be an asset.
Manager at BYRC
Salary Range: $29.63/hour – $30.91/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS458
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!