($30.19 / Hour)
Organizes and schedules maintenance crews in the completion of maintenance and repair duties of Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ensures maintenance and repair of Commission's properties by maintenance crews and performs maintenance and repair duties:
- Directs maintenance staff (and grounds staff in Vancouver Island Region) in the completion of duties related to the maintenance and repair of Commission properties;
- Organizes and schedules crews; ensuring work standards and deadlines are met;
- Completes performance evaluation of staff; recommends disciplinary or other appropriate action where necessary; and other related supervisory duties as required;
- Carries out all duties of the Maintenance Worker and Maintenance Worker Chargehand job description, as required;
- Maintains own inventory of tools as listed in Appendix B, Part I;
- Operates Employer's vehicle including trailers to load and unload tools, materials and/or equipment and/or Employer's assets, as qualified;
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to appliances and equipment;
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to HVAC equipment;
- Redirects contractors where minor deficiencies in the performance of work specifications are noted and reports on major deviations in contract performance on existing contracts;
- Performs work that requires adherence to safety procedures/practices when dealing with hazards;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy and refer tenants to other staff where appropriate. Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
2. Maintains inventory, records and standards
- Maintains records related to work orders, chargebacks, preventive maintenance programs, and inventory;
- Assists in the estimating and ordering of materials.