BUILDING MANAGER SUPERVISOR - RESIDENT ((FORT ST JOHN) _:
Functions as a member of the Regional Property Management team to provide effective tenant relations and
building management services to a number of directly managed sites.
This position lives on-site and in exchange for a reduced rent you are required to be available and on call for up to 4 nights during the work week. There is also a requirement for the successful person to work some weekends to meet operational requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Provides tenant relations and building management services:
- Participates in formulating and implementing initiatives to enhance site specific program delivery;
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training of building management and janitorial staff;
- Provides on-site facilitation in the delivery of building portfolio-contracted services;
- Initiates and inspects work and redirects contractors where minor deficiencies in the performance of work specifications are noted (e.g. painting services, millwork, flooring, pesticides applications completed, carpet cleaning, waste removal, etc.), reports on deviations in performance on existing contracts;
- Directs assigned staff in the completion of duties, including the planning, organizing and scheduling of work;
- Ensures work standards and deadlines are met;
- Completes performance evaluations of staff and recommends disciplinary action;
- Performs various inspections on a regular basis (e.g. boiler rooms, fire alarm logs, security systems, etc.), and unit inspections on a scheduled basis, or on vacancy and arranges for repairs and/or maintenance;
- Maintains records related to work orders, issues management, exception reporting, chargebacks, inventory and assists in the estimating and ordering of materials;
- Communicates with contractors to coordinate site viewings and unit entry;
- Calls the police or related public service in the event of emergency or disturbances such as notifying police of incidents or problems;
- Responds to resident inquiries, complaints, emergencies, provides information/clarification as required and takes appropriate action at all times during the work week;
- Serves notices, which may include but not limited to Notice to End Tenancy (NET), rent arrears, chargebacks arrears; Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) notices, etc.;
- Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
2. Performs all the duties of a Building Manager Resident or Non-Resident, as required.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
- Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.