Job Title: Casual Outreach Worker
Based at: Red Deer
Reports to: Red Deer Programs Manager
Hours of work: Casual – up to 20 hours/week
Start date: January 31st, 2023
To serve, strengthen and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ
Job Summary: As a casual outreach worker, you will assist with leading our daily breakfast programs, and/or after school programs for children and youth in Red Deer Schools. You will support with food and activity preparation, hosting and interacting with students, and a variety of other tasks to serve, strengthen, and uplift children and families.
- Teamwork: Able to serve alongside a team of outreach workers to run an engaging program for kids and youth.
- Passion for & Commitment to working with children, youth, and families who face a variety of obstacles and challenges in their lives.
- Program Facilitation: Able to engage a group of children and youth by leading games, crafts, activities, and Bible lessons.
- Multi-Tasking: Able to juggle competing needs and prioritize completion of tasks and projects
- Crisis Response: Able to use conflict resolution & de-escalation techniques to manage crisis & conflict situations.
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt as program needs and opportunities change with a joyful attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop supportive mentoring relationships with children and youth
- Assist planning, preparing and implementing active and emotionally supportive programs & events for children and youth
- Lead groups of children and youth in games, perform in skits, lead object lessons and biblical devotions. Lesson planning for activities listed above.
- Promote positive relationships and choices during program times through effective behaviour management techniques.
- Responsible for entering & filing registration forms, and documentation of critical incidents.
- Responsible for set up and clean-up of program space.
- Provide and serve snacks and meals for children & youth.
- Other related tasks and duties as required
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with youth
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
- Knowledge of resources and supports available for children, youth, and families in Red Deer
- Experience working with children and youth
- Standard First Aid certification not required but an asset
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.