Based at: Brightwood Ranch/Camp Hope
Reports to: Program Manger
Hours of work: 4 Month Paid Position – May to August
Compensation: $1800 per Month + Room and Board
Start date: May 1, 2023
Status: Contract Position: ending August 25th, 2023
To serve, strengthen and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ
Program Lead: Coordinate and supervise all areas of the Main Site camp program (games, activities, chapels, etc); mentor and support counsellors; provide support with camper behaviours; lead a staff Bible study.
Male/Female Unit Leader: Support counsellors; ensure counsellors are following policies and procedures and working towards camp goals; assist with camper support; oversee activity areas; lead small groups and one on one meetings for staff discipleship; assist where needed.
- Passion for supporting vulnerable children, youth, and families.
- Leadership: confidence giving instruction to large group of children, youth and peers
- Team Work & Collaboration: Works well with others in a team environment
- Problem Solving: Creative and quick thinking is stress full situations, able to assist in crisis situations using de-escalation skills
- Positive Outlook: Ability to engage in regular physical activity (running, rock climbing, etc.) and make camp activities fun and exciting
- Flexibility: Ready and willing to adapt and serve as needed given the ever changing demands of Summer camp ministry
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- May – June
- Plan, organize, prepare, and pioneer all aspects of Main Site Program/Activities
- Plan and prepare devotionals, Bible studies for Main Site Program
- Participation in Staff Development/Meetings
- Administrative duties as assigned/required
- Cleaning duties on team rotation with other staff
- July – August
- Execute and coordinate all aspects of Main Site Program/Activities
- Supervision and oversight of Main Site Counsellors
- Lead, facilitate, devotionals and Bible studies for staff, counsellors and cabin groups
- Participate in camp wide activities (wide games, chapel, etc.)
- Sleep in cabins when needed (community housing provided)
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with underprivileged youth, children and families in any setting
- Degree in Youth work, Ministry or Outdoor Recreation an asset
- Camp Ministry/Outdoor Recreation and Leadership Experience an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset
- Being a Christian Organization, we require our employees to agree and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.