Job Position: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Health Services
Status: Part-Time – 17.50 hours per week
Compensation: $22.40 per hour
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: To be leaders in building strong and inclusive communities.
Mission: We are a community benefit organization focused on building resilient and healthy communities by offering person-centered, anti-oppressive programs and services.
Under the general guidance of the Manager – Health Services, the incumbent will oversee the general office coordination and provide administrative support and a high degree of customer service to enhance and maximize the productivity and effectiveness of the program.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)* Receive and direct all incoming phone calls to appropriate staff, and welcome clients, guests and visitors to the site.
* Maintain a high level of customer service for all clients accessing services at the site, in person or over the phone.
* Refer clients to appropriate programs and services, as needed.
* Assist the manager in the training and orientation of new staff & volunteers.
* Ensure that the site is well maintained and necessary resources are available.
* Provide a full range of administrative support functions, including processing incoming/outgoing mail, faxing/scanning/ photocopying and filing.
* Assist with planning field trips, scheduling program events, meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating hospitality and documentation for meetings.
* Perform effective, timely, professional and confidential administrative support for the manager.
* Ensure all office equipment is in working order; setup and troubleshoot, if required.
* Perform regular data backups on all computers and maintain the site maglock protocols.
* Order and maintain inventory control of resource materials and other necessary documents and/or supplies.
* Ensure the availability of space and equipment for program/organizational activities.
* Compile and log petty cash and expense claims for reimbursement.
* Maintain accurate and efficient administrative files, records and other pertinent documentation.
* Effectively liaise with program staff, clients and caregivers to ensure smooth delivery of services.
Services for Seniors
* Provide detailed information about the health services programs in person, on the telephone and via email.
* Order daily meals and provide regular feedback to caterer.
* Process all the appropriate paperwork (letters, documents, attendance records) for clients within set timelines.
* Prepare invoices, collect payments and issue receipts.
* Assist in the collection and preparation of summary reports for funding applications/reports/meetings and events.
* Assist the manager to oversee and ensure the smooth operation of the program, especially during staff absences.
* Compile, manage and maintain accurate records for client attendance, transportation and billing.
* Statistical data collection and summarization, day-to-day record keeping.
* Participate on the Joint Health & Safety Committee (if assigned).
* Act as the designated administrator for the CCAC Information and Referral (IAR) database; upload InterRAI, generate assessors report and other administrative tasks (if assigned).
* Maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, families & volunteers.
* Abide to the internal policies and procedures of the organization and to the privacy and confidentiality of the client’s information.
* Continually review and recommend ways to streamline administrative process, practice and structure in order to ensure fiscal savings and improve efficiencies for the department and the organization.
* Purchase all program supplies and maintain on-site inventory database.
* Participate in the agency’s bingo events (if assigned).
* Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required.
* Adopt safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
* Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Post-secondary education in Office/Business Administration with a minimum of 3 years of office experience, with progressive responsibilities.
* Strong understanding of office procedures with two years administrative experience preferably in a non-profit environment.
* A self-starter with superior interpersonal, organizational, administrative and time management skills.
* Commitment to a professional work ethic, working cooperatively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders while demonstrating a strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle a number of issues simultaneously.
* Must demonstrate diplomacy, tact and good judgment skills.
* Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
* A good understanding of records management.
* Self-directed, self-motivated with a positive attitude and able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities.
* Strong communication skills and experience with business writing and/or taking of meeting minutes.
* Excellent oral and written English skills are required and one or more South Asian language.
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Email, internet and database applications.
* Sensitivity to people from different socio-economic backgrounds with an equity lens.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any Indus work-site.
* Successful candidates must provide current CPR and First aid certification and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
* It is a condition of employment that employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Indus' legal obligations.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to by 12:00pm, January 27th, 2023. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Administrative Coordinator” - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Posting Date: January 11th, 2023
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!