SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER:
($111,160 - $130,776 / Annually)
Reporting to the Provincial Director Housing Hub, the Senior Development Manager undertakes the sourcing, initiation, planning, design, risk assessment and delivery of a portfolio of complex, affordable market, and mixed market housing and Owner Purchase homes through all project development phases. He/she/they provides project leadership and coordination to a project team and works collaboratively with project sponsors and partners, including societies, private sector developers, market financial institutions, consultants, industry specialists, contractors, government ministries, municipality officials and Indigenous groups wanting to develop market housing, both on and off reserve. Specific responsibilities vary depending on the role BC Housing is playing in each project, but the emphasis focuses on direct project and development sector partnership delivery. The position ensures that all due diligence requirements have been considered and completed, and that the various development, funding and finance models abide by the Provincial fiduciary requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, real estate development and financing or other relevant field
- Considerable project management experience relating to the development of multi-unit residential housing and mixed market residential housing.
- Considerable experience in identifying the business opportunities to bring forward into the Housing Hub, and promoting, generating, structuring and negotiating complex real estate deals, particularly with multiple partners and a variety of stakeholders.
- Considerable financing and underwriting experience relating to the financing and funding of multi-unit residential housing and mixed residential housing.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of overall development projects, project management philosophies, theories and principles, including land sourcing, project scoping, pro-forma budget development/financial management, scheduling, tendering, quality assurance, risk management and project team coordination
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of real estate property development and construction, and related business concepts, processes and practices
- Considerable knowledge of municipal planning; public consultation processes; design, development and delivery processes; project tendering and construction processes; property disclosure and real estate pre-sales or forward sales and warranty, handover and operational processes related to real estate development and construction
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s housing programs, and development and lending policies specifically relating to the development of affordable rental and mixed market housing
- Ability to generate, lead and initiate planning, land acquisitions, design development, construction, and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project goals
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options, form solutions, mitigate risks and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and exceptional financial and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners, interest groups and public
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on real estate property and planning, design, development, and construction matters
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder goals and thoughts
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly complex spreadsheet, scheduling management and project management software
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Criminal Record Check Required.