Is your job fun? Do you get paid to play? Do you enjoy turning up to work every day? Do you have an impact on the future of children? If your answer is no to any of these questions, then come join us! Share your skills, passion, talent, and excitement with our children in our Great Futures Early Learning Program. We are looking for enthusiastic people that want to spend time making a difference in the lives of our children. If you are up for a fun, challenging yet fulfilling job, this might be the place for you.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary:
- ECE Assistant $18.90/hr
- ECE: $24.40/hr (inc. ECE-WE)
- ECE – IT: $25.40/hr (inc. ECE-WE)
- Education assistance to advance within our organization
- 15 days paid vacation (full time)
- Benefit package including dental care, vision care, and extended health (full time)
- Flexible Schedule
- Up to 50% reduction on childcare fees
- Paid training and development opportunities
Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator - Infant Toddler
- The planning, implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children using modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing techniques.
- Developing daily program schedules that include indoor/outdoor, active/quiet, and individual and group activities that meet BGCCVI Core Programming standards.
- Communicating their observations & recommendations to the child’s team (Parent/Caregivers, BGCCVI staff, and Child Development Centre) on progress, goals and new and/or existing strategies.
- Identifies the abilities, interests, and needs of children and develops individualized and group curriculum based on these. Recommends referrals or additional services or work in consultation with professional such as behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech and language pathologists.
Early Childhood Educators – Assistant
- Assists with planning, implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children using modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing techniques.
- Develops daily program schedules that include indoor/outdoor, active/quiet, and individual/group activities that meet BGCCVI Core Programming standards.
- Reports on progress, behaviours and other issues related to children. Contributes to reports for children moving onto elementary school. Maintains required records and statistics.
- Responsible for maintaining effective relationships with parents/caregivers and other stakeholders. Involve the parents/caregivers in the decision-making process as it relates to the growth of his/her child at the Club.
- Early Childhood Education Assistant/IT certification (approved through the Early Childhood Registry of B.C.) preferred.
- Early Childhood Education Certification (approved through the Early Childhood Registry of B.C)
- Early Childhood Education Certification/IT certification (approved through the Early Childhood Registry of B.C.)
- Previous work experience in a similar environment is preferred
- Experience in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programs, and activities
- For Supervisor – previous supervisory experience is essential
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Please send your cover letter and resume identifying the position you are applying for clearly in your cover letter.
BGC of Central Vancouver Island is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.