This is a Non-union contract position scheduled to work 14 hours per week
(Saturday, Sunday and Statutory holidays from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Reports to the Centre Manager and work with Counsellors to ensure the smooth operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergency situations, clients medical needs and injuries.
- Admits and discharges both GARS and City clients, updates the Shelter Management Information System (SMIS) as required.
- Performs intake for City and single RAP clients.
- Provides interpretation services, as required.
- Performs housekeeping duties including: setting up of rooms, serving of meals, maintaining cleanliness of Admin Office and entrance area and ensuring garbage is removed.
- Responsible for the safety of the residents and the security of the building including implementation of house rules.
- Identifies and ensures minor maintenance problems are resolved.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with the Operations Manager regarding any client concerns.
- Performs safety checks of the premises and safety equipment and records information.
- Provides general information about the city and the specific information about entertainment and social events; organizes social and recreational events for clients.
- Performs administrative tasks, as required (e.g. replenishing client forms, creating client files, distribution of client mail, answering phone calls, etc.).
- Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Knowledge of the Resettlement Assistance Program.
- Sensitivity to and aware of the needs of refugees and other newcomers.
- Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability with supportive counselling/crisis management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Ability to communicate in any of the following languages would be and asset: Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Amharic, Tigrinya, Somali, Urdu, Russian.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
LOCATION: 100 Lippincott Street, Toronto
DURATION: January 30, 2023 to December 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $21.89 to $23.56 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 26, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #30-23 to the below link: