Hours of Work Per Week: 36 +
Scheduled Hours: Wk 1 - Sun/Wed/Thurs 8pm - 8am Wk 2 - Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat 8pm - 8am
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve all aspects of a person`s life by encouraging independent living skills goals (budgeting, cooking, healthy eating, etc.), goal setting and community inclusion, regardless of the challenges they face - developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury, FASD, autism.
* This is a temporary, full time position to cover a maternity leave; you are welcome to apply for permanent positions with WJS Canada while filling this role.*
During overnight hours, the awake night shift worker will assist persons in care with nightly bedtime routine and ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment, providing immediate support in crisis situations, if needed.
*The $21.91 - $24.93/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $18.70 - $21.63 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
In Your Role You Will
• Assist residents with evening/morning tasks at the residence/program facility
• Assist/model nightly bed-time routine (personal hygiene, brushing teeth, etc.)
• Assist residents with any household tasks
• During overnight hours staff ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment and be available to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Administer medication, first aid, or notify emergency medical personnel if/when necessary.
• Contributes to individual service plans/goal setting, program specific policies & procedures.
• Observe/document needs of individuals in service.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent preferred
• MANDATORY - One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
• A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!