Hours of Work Per Week: 30
Scheduled Hours: Week 1 - Sun/Mon/Tues/Fri 8am-6pm Week 2 - Tues/Wed/Sat 8am-6pm
338-36 Bonnyville BLT House
WJS Canada operates several community living programs in Bonnyville to support people with developmental disabilities in becoming active, empowered and involved in their community regardless of the challenges they face - developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury, FASD, autism, and dual diagnosis.
The Community Disability Support Worker provides physical, behavioural, emotional and social supports/supervision both in the residence and the community. Our passion is to improve all aspects of a person`s life by focusing on the individuals and their progress. We encourage daily independence and self-sufficiency together with community inclusion.
In Your Role You Will
• Support/mentor individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Assist person-served with activities within the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, and/or assisting the person in service with the completion of these tasks, etc.) and in the community.
• Participate and support planning as well as safe transportation of individuals to vocational, recreational, leisure activities and encourages opportunities for social interaction within communities.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document physical, developmental and psychological needs of individuals in service.
• Contribute toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 1 year experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities.
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Special Education, Social Services, Personal Support Work, Health Care Aide, Nursing, etc.;
• Must have a valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!