This is a part-time non-union position scheduled to work 7-hour shifts from 11:00pm to 7:00 am on Fridays , Saturdays and statutory holidays.
- Oversees the safety and security of the residents and the Centre.
- Provides emergency intervention e.g. Fire, theft, family violence and client illness.
- Performs minor repairs and cleaning duties.
- Ensures house rules are observed.
- Provides reception for new arrivals.
- Prepares rooms for newcomers and serves meals to the late night arrivals.
- Performs safety checks of the premises and safety equipment and records findings in the Equipment Binder.
- Organizes and maintains order in the supply room and keeps an up-to-date inventory of linen and supplies.
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
- Previous experience in conflict management, dispute resolution and de-escalation.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with valid First Aid Certificate.
- Experience working with newcomers and refugees.
- Some knowledge of building maintenance.
- Some understanding of refugee's issues would be an asset.
- Verbal and written English is required. Preference will be given to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, French, Amharic, Tigrigna, Spanish, Somali, Dari/Farsi, and Urdu.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
LOCATION: 100 Lippincott Street, Toronto
START DATE: January 26, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $20.61 to $22.17 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 26, 2023
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #29-23 to the below link: