Job Description of Executive Director
Dedicated to supporting and strengthening women leaving a trafficking situation, SEEDS provides innovative and transformative services through a residential program with a team of caring and dedicated staff and volunteers in a 6 bed home.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has oversight for the SEEDS program and operations, including effective recruitment and management of staff and volunteers as well as implementation of HR and operational policies and procedures. Along with the board, the Executive Director develops the strategic plan and is responsible for its implementation.
Community Engagement, Donor Relations
- Raising awareness of SEEDS among local stakeholders with the intent to increase donor base and program accessibility
- Participates in the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan; assist the Founder with donor relationships, reporting, and administration to achieve the objectives and key results
- Responsible for oversight of staff and volunteers to achieve the strategy, and vision for the overall administrative and operational needs of SEEDS
- Responsible for all aspects of human resources for staff and volunteers including hiring, orientation, discipline and firing
- Responsible for training and development for staff, volunteers and self
- Responsible for administrative oversight of the organization’s operations and programs
- Working in collaboration with the board treasurer, develops annual budget for recommendation to the board; ensures accurate record keeping of operational finances including expenditures
- Attends monthly board meetings
- Develops policies and procedures for board approvals. Responsible to ensure implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures by staff and volunteers
- Creating and presenting regular reports to the Board regarding house operations, budget and expenditures, areas of concern and statistics
- Perform other duties as required by the Board
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with 5 years of management experience within the not-for-profit sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Agree to sign SEEDS’ Statement of Faith
- Knowledge and understanding of the issue of domestic human trafficking and the process of exiting human trafficking.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations including survivors, victims of abuse and marginalized populations.
- Experience with program evaluation.
- Experience developing and managing a program budget in excess of $250,000
- Ability to handle sensitive and personal information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form; effective report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in creating and implementing new programs/policies/procedures; Project management an asset
- Communication and human relations skills (using coaching, motivating techniques) to support staff and volunteers to de-escalate situations with residents who may be in crisis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, and other locally used databases
- Ability to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check