This is a full-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Supervises staff and administers the Pathways to Early Childhood and Life Success Strategies employment related programs in York Region, ensuring services meet the funder’ standards and guidelines, agency policies and procedures.
- Develops Annual Service Plans and reviews, monitors, evaluates and enriches programs to ensure high quality service that meets/exceeds contractual obligations and is supported by effective marketing strategies.
- Develops annual budgets for all programs of over $1,000,000, monitoring and controlling expenses within the guidelines and accounting practices.
- Submits reports to funders, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Develops Marketing strategies in line with COSTI’s communications policies ad and promotes the programs and services via multiple media within and outside the organization to both private and public sectors.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with partners, regulatory bodies, professional associations, funders, training institutions and other service providers.
- Ensures that all organizational timelines are met (e.g., grant applications, monthly and quarterly reports, budgetary reviews, performance appraisals).
- Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments, takes on tasks and lead roles as agreed upon.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining staff, students and volunteers.
- Researches, recommends, develops funding proposals and implements new programs and services.
- Coordinates and leads biweekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students and weekly goals-setting/scoreboard and monthly team meetings.
- Ensures that the programs and staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Reports to Director for Employment Services for supervision and performance appraisal.
- University degree or equivalent education.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience managing an employment program.
- Two (2) years of experience of supervising and coaching staff in a unionized environment. Preference will be given to those who have supervised staff in an employment program.
- Three (3) years’ experience providing low/moderate income earners, newcomer employment services and multiple employment services guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills, with an annual budget of $1 million or more.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the newcomer communities in the Region of York and community resources for clients.
- Sensitive to and aware of the multicultural community and the social problems facing immigrants and low/moderate income earners.
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-passed environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Internet, and email is essential. Working familiarity with on-line tools and data base resources an asset.
- Must have a car for business travel.
- Must be available to work evenings & weekends.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATION 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan.
START DATE: February 13, 2023
END DATE: December 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $59,802 to $66,866 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: January 18, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall. Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #35-23 to the below link: