Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: I.T. Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: TBD
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posting Date: January 19, 2023
- Maintains, manages, troubleshoots and upgrades computer systems and servers for performance and security related issues;
- Champions the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for our business;
- Formulates and creates Office 365 SharePoint sites for domain users and external client access;
- Administers and supports Office 365, MS Exchange policies, Azure Security and Governance policies;
- Ensures the operational health of the O365 and SharePoint Online environment including security, availability, performance;
- Administers and maintains traditional On-premises Technologies (Exchange Server, Active Directory, Windows Server);
- Maintains and provides support for all IT infrastructure;
- Coordinates the set-up of data services, as well as phone, computer and printer installation;
- Provides end-user support for all PC based hardware, applications and services;
- Identifies and evaluates risk associated with platforms and takes appropriate actions to control the risks;
- Troubleshoots OS, network and storage related issues;
- Troubleshoots various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility;
- Performs software upgrades and patches (bios, firmware upgrades, etc.);
- Trains and educates end-users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Teams, Outlook etc); Monitors service performance and communicates to recommendations to appropriate internal users and stakeholders;
- Maintain inventory of equipment and software licenses;
- Participates in special projects and performs internet-based research as required;
- Maintains accurate records, statistics and produces reports for IT Manger as required;
- Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships;
- Maintains confidential information related to staff files;
- Works with I.T. team members to develop, implement and evaluate I.T. strategies and policies, ensures compliance with policies and procedures;
- Understands emerging trends, leading practices, industry professional standards;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works 37.5 hours per week; overtime as per YWCA Hamilton policies;
- Ability to use frequent medium to heavy physical effort: lifting up to 22.7 kg (50 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or
- diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification;
- 5 years of I.T. experience;
- Experience administering O365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory in a hybrid environment;
- Experience with Share Point; and Microsoft Intune(MDM), Microsoft Advanced Security Stack
- (Azure Identity Protection, Azure MFA, O365 ATP);
- Knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, SMTP;
- User support experience including providing technical and end-user support;
- Experience in maintaining Traditional On-premises Technologies (Exchange Server, Active
- Directory, Windows Server);
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of
- quality and handling multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with WatchGuard firewalls is an asset;
- Microsoft certifications are an asset;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain
- at own cost;
- Ability to bring a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive perspective to work;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
YWork for us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton.
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are women, First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, LGBTQ2S+; individuals with disabilities; and individuals from racialized communities or other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.