Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 6 hours/wk
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
Scheduled Hours: schedule to be determined with client
Compensation: $21.21+ /Hour
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve all aspects of a person's life by encouraging independent living skills goals (budgeting/bill payment, cooking, healthy eating, etc.), goal setting and community inclusion, regardless of the challenges they face - developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury, FASD, autism.
This Supported Independent Living program supports an adult lady with developmental disabilities with independent living activities and maintaining the apartment she shares with her adult daughter.
We're looking for a compassionate individual to work 6 hrs/week(Mon - Thurs) with the client to teach life skills, provide support for activities of daily living (household tasks, banking, etc.) and mentor/encourage her to independent success.
Some flexibility with these hours may be required upon client request.
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement: This is a gender-specific position based upon the behaviour and needs of the persons served.
In Your Role You Will
• mentor and teach life skills including communication, emotional regulation, budgeting, household management, sexual health, self care, relationships, and boundaries, self expression, community awareness, personal safety, etc.
• promote community inclusion in artistic, educational, recreational and volunteer activities
• link the client to community support services and employment coaching such as resume building or job searches.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Grade 12 diploma
• Prefer Diploma in Disability Studies or related Social Sciences/Human Services or equivalent.
• 2 years related life skills experience
• Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract and proof of insurability.
• First Aid/CPR, Restrictive Procedures, Abuse Protocols, Non Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
• A fair and equitable wage.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!