Are you a changemaker?
If you are someone who sees the potential in people, and who believes that everyone, given the right tools and support, can thrive, then you’re in the right place.
At Momentum, we are committed to building a society where everyone belongs. Where we are all valued for who we are and where we are all given the tools and opportunities to build the life we want. We value diversity, and we believe everyone has a role to play in building a just and equitable society. We’re changemakers transforming our community for the good of all.
Momentum became certified as a Great Place to Work in Canada in June 2021. Great Place to Work is a global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. We provide competitive compensation and benefits with an unparalleled work environment.
We are a diverse multidisciplinary team of people that are united by a shared vision and values. At Momentum you’ll find MBA’s, artists, facilitators, social workers and more. Our backgrounds are as diverse as our areas of discipline, and it is this diversity and the respect and value we have for each other and our participants that makes us stronger.
We are purpose driven and our high standards reflect the trust and confidence we have in each other and the results of the work our team can do together. We live and work in ways that reflect our value of sustainability, being intentional in our actions to reduce our environmental footprint.
If this sounds like a place where you would want to work, please review the position below to see if there’s a fit with your skills and experience.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse and unique candidates are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
This role leads the organization’s program and organizational marketing and design function including story, photo, and video production. It is responsible for marketing strategy development and design implementation across digital and analog channels as well as maintaining smooth, modern funnels that result in a quality welcome experience for participants and other learners.
Marketing and Design
- Provides timely in-house marketing strategy, visual design, layout, advertising, and other marketing services, including creative direction for video and photoshoot, leading to successful program intakes
- Builds staff capacity to develop their own solutions and materials when appropriate
- Responds to requests from non-program functions (e.g., policy team, Executive Director, Resource Development) to enhance the look and feel of communications pieces (e.g., studies, briefs, strategic map, policy papers, agendas etc.).
- Applies Momentum’s tone/style strategically and can shift for different contexts. Helps shape Momentum’s writing style/tone towards continual improvement as communications expectations evolve over time.
Integrated marketing (digital and analogue)
- Designs, test, implements, and evaluates marketing solutions for audiences as required across the organization, in alignment with a cohesive overall marketing strategy
- Leads digital marketing efforts including maintaining AdWords portfolio and website SEO to ensure high search rankings.
- Manages Pay-Per-Click Advertising campaigns.
- Manages digital, print, and promotional marketing spending within set budgets.
Marketing Funnel Oversight
- Coordinates marketing funnel decisions across organizations, supporting effective decision-making at the department level.
- Participates on the Dynamics 365 Initiative to improve communication flows across and outside the organization.
- Oversees email marketing system architecture and design, and coordinates email marketing use across the organization.
Who we’re looking for:
At a glance, you are someone who:
- Crafts compelling stories and designs effective marketing material. You can identify elements of a compelling story and use writing, graphic design, video, and event design as mediums for the story to be told.
- Is passionate about creating an inclusive economy and ending poverty. This work clearly lines up with your values and the contribution you want to make to the world.
- Can stay on top of multiple projects at a time. You organize your time well and can deftly switch between a variety of projects and tasks involving multiple stakeholders
- Remains laser focused on results. You strive for clarity of goals, and you align your efforts, energy, and focus to achieve them.
- Is self-motivated. You are internally motivated to deliver your best work to benefit the mission.
What you will need to do the job well:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing, communications, design, or fundraising role.
- Relevant post-secondary degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in design software such as InDesign/Photoshop is required.
- Experience with Google AdWords and Meta Ads Manager is preferred.
- Ability to navigate Google and Hootsuite Analytics is an asset.
- Demonstrates a high customer service standard.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and planning skills.
- Effective team building skills required; ability to work with a wide variety of individuals by using tact, diplomacy and flexibility and can resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising compassion and professionalism.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitive to needs of persons with low literacy and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) when creating materials.
- Strong computer skills –MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Availability to work some evenings is required