The Office Assistant provides administrative support for the Centres’ Programs
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 28 hours per week.
- The Office Assistant provides administrative support to the programs.
- Answers telephone, forwards calls to staff and makes referrals to other COSTI locations and services providers.
- Greets visitors by providing a welcoming environment and assists walk-in clients.
- Responsible for office equipment maintenance, orients new staff on use of office equipment, and places service calls.
- Prepares and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, including weekly inter-office courier.
- Maintains record of client intake information
- Enters data into various databases including CIS, Employer data bases and other government systems
- Assists clients on computers and with resource materials
- Oversees petty cash and keeps record of invoices and purchases
- Enters invoices into financial system and keeps it up to date
- Records and maintains clients and staff attendance
- Purchases office supplies, prepares purchase orders, monitors computer and other inventories
- Purchases programs’ supplies and prepares refreshments for group events as necessary.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Minimum eighteen (12) months of experience providing administrative support.
- Excellent demonstrated communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated typing speed of 60 words per minute and advanced knowledge of all software offered by Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential with a focus on data entry and tracking of information through Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and public relations skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATIONS: 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
DURATION: February 2, 2023 to December 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $31,875 to $34,305(based on 28 hrs/wk) per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2023
CLOSING DATE: February 1, 2023
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall. Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference 37-23 to the below link: