Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: must be available to work flexible and on call hours
302-37 Argan House
WJS Canada provides 24 hr residential support and community supports to individuals with developmental disabilities or an acquired brain injury. Together, we help them overcome obstacles and work towards achieving their goals through problem solving, routine planning and various aids.
Supervise programs to ensure high quality clients supports - physical, behavioural and emotional. This is achieved through hiring, training and scheduling staff who are committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans, and working directly with the clients and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
• Must have good shift availability to work flexible hours, as well as, on-call hours.
• Some travel between programs (with in the city) may be required.
• The Team Leader reports to the Program Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Work 20 hours front line and 20 hours of administration every week.
• Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate residential staff
• Manage the day to day operation of the programs (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Review/approve daily log notes, incidents reports, time sheets and other payroll documents
• Develop/monitor Individual Service Plans (ISPs)
• Staff discipline and performance improvement plans, in association with Program Director
• Participate on the behaviour review committee and coordinating case conferences
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 5+ years experience working with persons with complex needs or acquired brain injury.
• 2 years supervisory experience
• Diploma in Disabilities Studies, Degree in related Social Sciences, Human Services, Special Education, etc.
• Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals is an asset
* Internal applicants must successfully complete their probationary period prior to applying
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We provide support and services to persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, offenders who wish to rejoin and contribute to their community and adults recovering from an acquired brain injury.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals
• A competitive wage
• Programming that meets current best practices
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision
• Staff training and career development
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!