Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Barrhead, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 42 average
Scheduled Hours: 8pm to 8am 2-week rotation works every other weekend
336-43 Auto Alley - Barrhead
Auto Alley is a single staffed 24-hour Residential program supporting a single male with some behavioral challenges.
Challenging behaviours may occur on a daily basis therefore, only applicants with well-developed de-escalation techniques and high behaviours/complex needs skills will be interviewed.
* This is a temporary, full time position; you are welcome to apply for permanent positions with WJS Canada while filling this role. *
The Awake Nights DSW, will coach/teach daily living skills, encourage independence and reinforce strengths that are already in place. 'This position will include 4 sleep hours per shift (paid at $15/hr)
*Complex need rate ($20.39+/hr) paid when supporting complex needs clients. Regular rate ($17.39+) paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work.*
IMPORTANT - This is a pet- friendly, smoking residence -the client owns a cat and smokes cigarettes, therefore staff should have no allergies and be comfortable around cats.
In Your Role You Will
• Ensure a safe, consistent environment and provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Support/assist individuals basic needs, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills, etc. and achieving personal goals.
• Assist client with evening/morning tasks
• Deal with challenging behaviours that may occur daily.
• Medication administration or first aid, as needed.
• If necessary, drive individuals (in your own vehicle) to appointments, day programs, etc.
• For a complete list of responsibilities, request a job description
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• MUST HAVE 2 years experience working with individuals with significant mental health concerns, aggressive behaviours and/or trauma.
• Ability to work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence
• Post secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Social Work, Special Education, Health Care Aide, Personal Support Worker or related field
• Valid class 5 driver license (or GDL and 3 years Canadian driving experience) with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (NVCI or CPI)
• Training in Trauma Informed Practice, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Behaviour Management, Conflict Resolution, Food Safe
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, after 3 months - premiums paid by the employer!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!