ABOUT THE JOB
The Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division is looking for a full-time Information Technology (IT) Analyst. Reporting to the Information Technology (IT) Manager Information Technology (IT) Analyst performs information systems duties related to the installation and support of computer systems, networks, databases, hardware, and software. The IT Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance, and administration of systems as well as providing technical assistance and support to CMHA users, and remote offices related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in projects which involve managing and maintaining current deployed systems including Active Directory and Exchange.
• Provide Tier II Support for all IT Products and Services to Internal users.
• Configure and image of end user windows machines.
• Manage phones through MDM.
• Install and troubleshoot approved applications.
• Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies that offer business improvements, and support decision-making for future hardware and/or software acquisition.
• Perform scripting to design, alter, customize, and test computer applications. Design, implement, test, evaluate, and make complex modifications to IT systems. Plan and implement the installation and configuration of upgrades.
• Provide support related to hardware, software, application programs, and complex network communications by performing duties such as diagnosing and resolving problems and writing knowledge base articles.
• Evaluate existing and emerging information systems technology, identify requirements, analyze alternative products, perform cost benefit analysis, and make recommendations. Liaise with external agencies, vendors, and user areas as required.
• Develop and conduct training programs and seminars, and train users in the operation of computer equipment and the use of software applications.
• Develop, test, and maintain backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of documentation and reports such as procedure manuals and business cases.
• Recommend improvements to enhance the technical capabilities of the system and reduce operating costs
• Design, develop, implement, sustain, and document an effective maintenance program for systems related to user management.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
• Demonstrated customer service skills over the phone, including the ability to handle challenging issues in a professional manner.
• Implement a system to track record keeping issues including user and resource accounts in AD and Exchange.
• Handle issues escalated from first level support specialists and provide direction to build their capacity to maintain consistency in AD, Exchange and ITSM Tool.
• Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention or a higher level of knowledge.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned by the IT Manager
Education and Experience
• Diploma in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• 3 years’ experience in managing both windows-based networks, connectivity and IT systems and network administration.
• 3 years hands on experience supporting Windows 2016/2019 platforms, including Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policies.
• Working knowledge of Wide Area Networking, VPNs, TCIP, routing.
• ERP applications support experience is a plus.
• Experience creating detailed systems and operational documentation.
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage stress and pressure inherent to IT support.
• Ability and willingness to learn/expand knowledge continually.
• Ability to manage and prioritize, effectively, multiple competing tasks and initiatives.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
• The IT Analyst position is located in downtown Vancouver, and we offer a flexible work environment.
• Most work is accomplished during usual business hours; however, the successful candidate will need to maintain some flexible scheduling. Travel may be required.
• The IT Analyst is a unionized position under the Health Services and Support Community Subsector Association, IT Administrator 2, Grid 43.