Evergreen is currently seeking to add a new member to its executive support team. The Administrative Assistant, Board Relations is a great role for someone who loves communicating and collaborating with others. You will thrive in this role if you have excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail, and a love of creating presentation materials.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Administrative Assistant, Board Relations is an energetic, detail-focused collaborator who provides critical administrative support to the senior leadership team at Evergreen. This Assistant functions to ensure the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors can operate effectively and efficiently.
This Assistant relies on strong organizational skills, along with their knack for concise but creative communications, to support the creation of agendas, taking of minutes and refinement and formatting of Board materials. They have mind for details, enabling them to support planning, project management and logistics.
- Support the creation and assembly of board and committee materials, compiling, proofreading, and formatting Board reports, ensuring established deadlines are met.
- Engage in communication support by copy-editing documents and reports, helping to write blog posts and other external-facing documents, assisting with the development of website content, supporting document design, and supporting the implementation of communication strategies, both internally and externally.
- Work with the executive team to track work plans and action items for the Board and senior leadership and use these to support the creation of agendas for Board, Board committee and senior leadership meetings.
- Take meeting minutes at Board, Board committee and senior leadership meetings.
- Maintain document management for Evergreen's senior leadership team and ensure records, files and other information is effectively stored for easy access.
- Support staff and volunteer (including Board) recognition efforts.
- Provide backup support to the Administrative Assistant, including scheduling meetings, room bookings, researching and coordinating agendas and distributing documentation.
- Help facilitate staff meetings and other staff, volunteer and Board events as required.
- Provide backup support to Evergreen’s broader volunteer engagement program as required, particularly during peak busy periods
- Support the executive and senior leadership team with special projects as needs arise.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication.
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation, and connection.
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following additional qualifications:
- 2-3 years’ experience in executive-level assistance;
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently;
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions and database programs; advanced skills with Microsoft PowerPoint or other presentation tools would be an asset; and
- A demonstrated interest or experience working with not-for-profit organizations would be considered an asset.
- Supervised by: General Counsel Director, People & Culture
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Office and remote-work environment, with on the ground presence as required
- Regular office hours (flexible), with occasional onsite and offsite evenings and/or weekends as required
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Permanent, full-time
- Target Hire Rate: $47,000 - $52,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package; 3 weeks paid vacation; 3 Evergreen Days (aka personal days) and your birthday off; and great professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: February 12, 2023
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*