Competition Number: MCB0123- Mentoring Facilitator- Community Based
Status: Full-Time Position (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $45,659- $51,659 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing support to mentoring matches to ensure that children and youth are in safe, constructive, satisfying relationships that are having a positive impact.
- Overseeing a caseload of mentoring matches and supporting that caseload by facilitating initial match meetings, completing phone and in person follow-up and providing activities and ideas to keep matches engaged. Home visits are required.
- Working to create and foster constructive, strength based and satisfying mentoring relationships between children, youth and volunteers.
- Working as a team to communicate the needs of children, youth and families who are accessing programs.
- Building relationships with other service providers and resources to further assist the children, youth, families and volunteers they support.
- Fulfilling the one to one program standards and expectations from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and the agency to support mentoring matches.
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in the areas of child and youth care, volunteer management, and/or social work.
- A minimum of 3 years combined experience in a role involved with child and youth programming, case management, volunteer management and partnership development.
- The ability to work effectively with children and youth and have a solid understanding of the need of child and youth.
- Experience working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer processes.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to exercise good judgement and sound decision making.
- Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week (until 8pm).
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.