The ELT program combines advanced level language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 5-8) with sector specific terminology training and job placement for Internationally Trained and Experienced Professionals.
This is a full-time non-union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week,
(Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to ELT manager and team
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical and narrative reports
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of client
- Participates in intake and registration
- Responsible for client registration online and in person
- Responsible for input of client data into CIS, HARTs and iCare
- Liaises with assessment centre for client intake assessment and placement
- Liaises with instructors and program staff and to collect and compile data for entry into CIS, HARTs and iCare
- Prepares and verifies petty cash and course deposit statements for manager
- Orders office and program supplies as required
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
- Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online
- Supports new clients’ access on Zoom or Teams to prepare for attendance in virtual classes
- Prepares and distributes materials for program outreach
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies
- Performs other administrative duties as required
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Working knowledge of eLearning tools and applications, e.g. Moodle, and Google Drive.
- Experience using virtual interactive tools such as MS Team, Zoom, and Google Apps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet email and social media, e.g. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Ability to speak second language rather than English is an asset.
- Knowledge of iCARE, CIS or CLARS would be an asset.
- Access to a car is required.
- Ability to work at multiple locations in York Region.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
LOCATION: 7700 Hurontario St, Brampton ON
DURATION: March 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024
SALARY RANGE: $21.89 - $25.03 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: February 6, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.