ADMINISTRATION CLERK - 2 POSITIONS:
($42,899.13 - $48,602.25 Annually)
The Administration Clerk provides administrative support to the operations functions within the Vancouver Island Regional Office of BC Housing. He/She/They performs functions including – maintaining Housing Registry; providing client services to the public; entering data into a variety of database systems; providing administrative support to the Regional Office team; performing other general administrative, clerical and reception duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of post-secondary courses in office or business administration or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum two years office administration experience.
- Experience in working in an environment with community programs an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of office systems and procedures;
- Some knowledge of accounting procedures;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid command of English grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Ability to learn, understand, and explain BC Housing programs, policies, and services;
- Ability to deal with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous, professional and tactful manner;
- Ability to maintain a cash float and balance cash accurately;
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm;
- Ability to search documents, data bases and internet to resolve issues creatively and within established guidelines;
- Ability to plan, multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines by effectively prioritizing actions to respond to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of work;
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work logically with accuracy and precision;
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Intermediate level skills with the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and with a proficiency in the mail merging of documents;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new skills and taking on new tasks as assigned.